Bill’s mom sent us a package of goodies from the US. Mmm, tasty US goodness. Thanks, Mom!
- sausage balls–we’ll have to experiment with mince pork since Jimmy Dean-style breakfast sausage doesn’t exist here
- Rotel cheese dip–Does Calvita share the meltable and chip-dippable qualities of Velveeta? We’ll find out!
- cocktail sauce–The Irish love their prawns, but they eat them with a Marie Rose sauce made from ketchup and mayonnaise; Bill makes a great cocktail sauce with chili sauce and prepared horseradish (which I hope we can find)
- things dipped in ranch dressing
- tex-mexi things made with green chilies and chipotles
It’s interesting how just knowing you can’t buy something creates a desire for it. What I wouldn’t do for a Fresca!