Diageo, the multinational who owns Guinness, is moving brewing operations from St. James Gate to Clondalkin, laying-off several hundred workers and selling off a large portion of the property at St. James Gate. This is only the second time in the history of Guinness that the brewery has moved. The first move was from Leixlip to St. James Gate in Dublin in 1795 when Arthur Guinness bought a 9000-year lease on the property. The Guinness “flavor essence” will still be brewed at St. James Gate and the Guinness Storehouse will remain as well.

Share →

Leave a Reply